You can view the presentations made at the 2019 CCUEN conference on Sustainability in Higher Education in Canada here:
Session 01: Collaboration/Partnership
- Northern Environmental and Conservation Sciences - an example of a College-University Partnership
- Community Partnerships in Action at Brock University
- Collaborations for Sustainability at Acadia
- Community Campus Engagement: Embracing Diversity and Fostering Inclusion
Session 02: The Sustainable Campus
- Campus as a Living Lab: Student Learning and Campus Sustainability Operations
- Energy & GHG Management at the University of Alberta
- Zero Waste at the University of Alberta
- Climate Change Action Plan at the University of Calgary
Session 03: Experiential Learning
- Examples of Experiential Learning in the Clayton H. Riddell Faculty of environment, Earth, and Resources at the University of Manitoba
- Experiential Learning: From Field to Function
- Calgary’s Certificate in Sustainability Studies: Applied Sustainability on the Campus and in the Community
- Indigenous Training and Employment in the Environmental Sector
Session 04: Keynote Address
Session 05: Indigenization of Curricula and Campuses
- Decolonizing University Systems
- Enacting Wahkotwin to Indigenize and Decolonize the Academy
- Yukon College – Our Indigenization Journey
Session 06: Keynote Listener
CCUEN 2019 Conference, - Sustainability in Higher Education in Canada
SHECA 2019 May 14th-16th
University of Alberta
Following on the success of last year’s conference in Montreal, we are continuing our partnership with the:
Canadian Alliance of College and University Sustainability Professionals (CUSP).
The 2019 Sustainability in Higher Education in Canada (SHECA 2019) conference will take place May 14-16 at The University of Alberta, in Edmonton, Alberta. We continue to consider the UN’s Sustainable Development Goals and how colleges and universities can work toward achieving them.
The conference will include a keynote speaker to be announced, joint sessions on topics of interest to post-secondary environmental educators and sustainability professionals, as well as network meetings for CCUEN and CUSP.
SHECA 2019 Accommodations
University of Alberta
- Option 1 – Single Private Dorm Room. These rooms feature a single bed with a desk and private washroom at a rate of $76 per night. Further description can be found here. Book your room by completing the Accommodation Reservation form and emailing to . Reservations should be made before April 13, 2019 to ensure availability. Note: limited availability.
- Option 2 – Hotel Guest Rooms. These rooms are hotel style at a rate of $109 per night. Further description can be found here. Book your room by completing the Accommodation Reservation form and emailing it to . Reservations should be made before April 13, 2019 to ensure availability. Note: limited availability.
- Option 3 – Campus Tower Suite Hotels. Individual call-in reservations can be made directly through the Hotel, through the toll free reservations telephone line 800.709.1824, the hotel direct at 780.439.6060. The group code ACT-GFC3376 or meeting name by quoting “Sustainability in Higher Education Canada 2019” or through the hotel website (campustower.com) here. All reservations should be made before April 19th, 2019 to ensure availability. Rates start at $159.00 per night for one bedroom suites and two bedroom suites are also available.
If you have any trouble reserving your room, please contact the following individuals:
- Campus Tower Suite Hotel - Laura Ternan, email: , phone: (780) 431-4554
- Lister Residence - Sheri Penner, email: , phone: (780) 492-9300